The global trend in fuel exploration continues to stimulate the demand for frac sand and with it the need for innovative storage solutions. Conventional construction methods such as field-welded, jump form concrete and slip form concrete are quickly becoming obsolete as informed clients exhibit a preference for flat panel bolted silos.
The global trend in fuel exploration continues to stimulate the demand for frac sand and with it the need for innovative storage solutions. Conventional construction methods such as field-welded, jump form concrete and slip form concrete are quickly becoming obsolete as informed clients exhibit a preference for flat panel bolted silos. Several unique benefits are offered by bolted panel construction including ease of installation, reduced startup time, and increased on-site safety – all while providing an exceptional storage asset.
Dry Bulk Storage Solutions
With Tarsco you gain the advantage of a single-source designer, manufacturer and erector of dry bulk epoxy powder coated storage silos. Our expert team can engineer custom storage tank solutions to meet your exact project specifications. As industry leaders for dry bulk material handling and storage facilities design-build services, we work with our clients to devise solutions for every size of silo or project with uncompromised quality.
The Original Flat Panel Epoxy Coated Silo Design
- Simplified and timely manufacturing and erection
- Consistent quality in coatings and design
- Most cost-effective lifetime solution
- Eliminates environmental concerns through green-friendly materials
- Reduced erection cost through field welding elimination and economical shipping
- Residual value is improved with the ability to relocate and expand bolted tanks
Flat panel bolted tanks provide the benefits of exceptional performance, dependability and ease of installation. Tarsco’s extensive industry experience paired with our top-of-the-line engineering and manufacturing facility can fulfill any storage needs you may require. Our tanks are erected with a jacking system from the ground level, which improves safety at the construction site. This enhances our ability to work in confined spaces and eliminates the need for expensive cranes.
In order to prevent any steel exposure, the panel edges of powder-coated tanks are thoroughly coated. The entire manway assembly and base angle of powder-coated tanks are epoxy coated to provide a uniform finish along with superior protection. This coating fastens to the entire panel (edges included) so shipment is not a concern as panels arrive at the job site in pristine condition.
- Tested to withstand a minimum of 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Does not require primer
- High application productivity achieved through fast curing
- Impervious to cathodic disbondment
- Light weight saves on shipping costs
- Flexibility exceeds the requirements for ANSI B31.4 or B31.8 codes
- Enduro Coat is permitted for use as a coating in contact with potable water by both the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the United Kingdom National Water Council.
- Every panel is 100 percent holiday free when it is transported from the factory
- Shipment pallets are constructed to be job-specific and are also larger than the panels to reduce the risk of coating or transportation damages.
- Panels are strategically bolted to pallets in the sequence of their erection to eliminated excessive handling of panels.
- Protective sheets are placed between each panel during the process of stacking them onto shipping pallets.
Tarsco is pioneering the way in the design, project and construction management of modern and expanding transloading stations and frac sand plants. Our EPC team works intimately with clients and is involved in the coordination with multi-disciplined engineering and numerous contractors to design and construct a plant to fulfill their needs within any accelerated time frame.
The following products and services are offered to construct a frac sand plant:
- Design and layout for the site
- Elevators and Conveyors
- Structural Steel Design and Foundation
- Material Handling Equipment
- Truck and Rail Dumps
- Processed and Raw Sand Storage
- Control Systems
- Electrical Power
Useful Frac Sand Plant Information
Frac sand is sand that is propelled into a well during a fracturing operation. As the sand travels along with the fluid into the fracture, it remains inside when the pressure is removed and sustains the opening of the fracture to allow an entrance for the hydrocarbons to flow to the wellbore.
Frac sand is commonly used to improve recoveries in the gas and oil industry to enhance production capabilities from gas and oil wells. It regularly utilizes pressure to fracture rock formations, which allows better flow of the hydrocarbons to the wellbore.
Tanks for frac sand make it possible to store frac sand in an environment that is contaminate free with 45 degree cones for free flowing and convenient discharge. These tanks are manufactured with industrial gauge steel, which allows them to withstand the considerable weight of loading and unloading.
Frac sand tanks are also outfitted with features such as butterfly discharge packages and fill tubes designed for convenient loading as well as foundations sturdy enough to support the weight of the silo. A frac sand plant may be equipped with a single or dual tank. Dry bulk storage silos from Tarsco are particularized for frac sand, lime, barite and dry chemical requirements. Both large skirted silos and small, hopper bottom silos are available.